Monday, July 28, 2008

Party Girl Kit Testimonial

by Katy

"I had so much fun working on this kit. i tend to get caught up in gathering supplies and over thinking projects, sometimes to the point of not getting anything done. with the party girl a lot of the thinking was done for me and i could just let go and play. that is exactly how I looked at it too~ play. I wanted to use some of the supplies i have horded and held on to for who know how long and use them in this piece which I did. I'm naturally a kind of serious person and I find various art forms a nice release if I try not to think too hard. before the kit arrived I promised myself that i wouldn't think so much and just do, to relax and trust the process. the directions were awesome with just enough direction to make it work but not too much to make it seem too hard. in fact I had a hard time waiting for the paint to dry since I didn't want to stop and got up a few in the the middle of the night to either play some more or just look at and get inspired on what I would add next. once I was finished I was so pleased and couldn't believe that i finished it without going into over thinking overload and that I had anything to do with how it turned out. I keep looking at it and am amazed that I actually had any part to play in how it turned out. I had so much fun and I want more kits and i cant wait for the online class! thank you suzi if you lived by me I'd give you a big hug! you are my muse (well you and my cat, belle:) >^..^< katy"


and here is Katy's work:





Have a party Girl Testimonial?
email me at suziblu at gmail

16 comments:

Jerdleluvsjapan said...

Wow! Nice work, Katy! Congrats!

nollyposh said...

"What Katy Did"... cLeVeR Katy... "CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS" Katy x

Iris said...

That looks great. Hooray for Katy!

BTW, Miz Blu, do you have the link to Katy's site so that we might be able to leave her a couple comments over there too?

Iris 2.0

Gigi said...

Wow, that is great work!
You go Katy!

Tammy said...

Awesome job Katy. You did a great job.

DeeDee said...

It will be really great to see other people's and see the differences.

Pawsitive Art said...

oh wow! Great work katy!!!

Daffie Online said...

Amazing!

crafty said...

wow..........greyt job, can't wait for mine to arrive
joan in italy

Bea said...

Katy, that's great!

katy said...

thanks ladies for the nice comments on my party girl. you cant see the glitter are glimmer in the camera photos that i took but its there. someone asked if i have a blog i do but um dont really use it~ just not enough time in the day i guess to do it all. i really appreciate the encouragement it means very much to me. ok im feeling shy....:)

ganesha said...

nollyposh - do you know the books? my granny sent me a copy, what, OMG 50 years ago and i still have it. just have never known anyone else who has heard of it.

Katy, thanx for sharing your process. sounds as convoluted as mine. i love the permission you gave yourself to go outside the lines(supplies).

Which brings to mind, SUZI, could/would you offer the Party Girl image sans kit? Maybe via Etsy? I'm pretty sure I could afford that (saving for your class).

Namaste

libbyt said...

awesome job katy. i also over think things, but you (and suzi blu) have inspired me to just let go and create. thanks i love your work.

Nancy Maxwell James said...

beautiful work Katy! wonderful kit too!!! :)

John G. said...

Such lovely work!

donna said...

Hello. I have just built my own website, and have Included your site and many other inspirational sites. Please could you check out my site.
Thank you
Donna

lilymelba.com