Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Cupcake Fairy for sale!



http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10886906

I added Lavender oil essence to the beeswax to finish it off so the painting has a scent when you walk by it. Tascha came up with the idea but I LOVE IT. In the future I want to collect many oil scents and the collector can choose which scent to be placed, if any at all. I'm thinking yummy scents too, like cookies and cakes, or coconut oil and the beach! But the lavender on this one is dreamy and therapeutic and makes me want to take a nap. Heavenly!

10 comments:

mommaof3 said...

i love it

Bonafyde said...

Adding essential oils to the wax is just genius! Tascha is on to something and I can only imagine your paintings smell...Mmmmmm....dreamy! I want a cupcake fairy to come visit me right now....yummy!

Taly said...

It's aromatherapy art :)

Mariposa said...

I say we have a cupcake fairy party! I'll bring the bake goods, you bring the wings.

Jaz

tascha said...

Hi Suzi! I'm happy to hear you are trying the scented wax idea! This painting sure is sweet! (((hugs)))

Ms Dragonfly said...

i would have never thought of that, what a great idea she had. yummy cupcakes :) she's a pretty girl.

Apple said...

Lovely painting!!!

Melissa said...

OH! I've always to paint a scratch-and-sniff picture, but this is the next best thing FO SHO. I love it. Cupcake fairies are the best kind of fairy. I think I'll paint a vanilla scented cake now.

Dee said...

I used my strawberry perfumed candle to wax my first canvas n it smells lovely! I thought it wasn't a done thing!! Does it make a difference in terms of functionality as compared to beeswax?

Diane Duda said...

I fell in love with this even before I knew it smelled good. :)

Di