Monday, December 03, 2007

This Might Be A Love Letter

Hello Mr. Steve, I am a former PC user who just 4 days ago switched over to YOUR side of the world, and wanted to tell you a little something. Its a love letter of sorts because WOW this is a beautiful computer. I am an inspiring Video aRt How To Queen whos growing fan base lead me to take all of my student loan money and invest $2700 dollars of iMac LOVE. Putting off paying for the heat I do not have in my car (brrrr....its cold here in Dirty Jersey)... So With no apple stores near me I drove, at night, in the cold, to your beautiful store in Cherrry Hill some 40 mintues away. Someone told me that I should open the imac up in the store, edit, export video right there but I said NAY! I trust this beautiful white apple. And so I bought it, took it home, and opened it there. And so, Mr Steve. It has a color anomalie. reds and fleshtones, anything bright, flickers like a neon sign advertising GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS gone wild all over the video I would like to make. Still photos too. Video is unwatchable.So I call up a wonderful technician on your 1-800 line, he couldnt help me but his boss did, er, tried to. Wanted me to install new updates then call back and he would speak to me. I installed, the problem remained so I called him, but he never called back. Not for 2 days now. I left all of my info on the phone (case number, phone, etc). Im just sayin Mr. Steve, since its your company and all, that it shouldnt be like this. I want to love yr company. I do. Im an artist. I feel like its my right to own a Mac. and Im willing to pay the money for a new processor and whole new system each time HELL I dont mind. But Id like it to work when I took it home. I know you cannot control every nuance of what happens in such a large company, Im a realistic girl, but perhaps whatever caused this ANOMALLY (had to look it up, now I love that word and try to fit it into casual sentences. I think of myself as an anomally. so me and the flickering video and photo lights probably belong together), maybe there is an error in the way things are loaded, I dont know. Adriene (extension 2385 from the california store) should have called me back after I was so nice to him when I probably should have been fuming. I worried because he was working overtime. I encouraged him to get coffee. I bought the best of the best iMacs Mr. Steve. I am a 5'2 inch girl in a tiny apartment with dying plants. I gave you my savings. I shouldnt have this driver problem. I bought a powerful computer with the best of everything. It should have been perfect when I brought it home. At the very least Adriene should have called me back. I wanted to have faith in your company, Hold onto the dream that yes, business could be different, But its just another organization isnt it?With clever marketing.Sigh. Sincerely,Suzi Bluof SUZIBLUTUBE http://www.youtube.com/suziblutube

9 comments:

Dave said...

Oh great all that and they keep you waiting to get it fixed for you. Thank you Mr. Jobs! They better keep their promise and get it fixed soon!

Sherree said...

Hi Suzi; They better treat you right. I was considering switching over to a Mac too. But now I think I may never buy a Mac if that's their idea of customer service. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and wish you the best.

Kel - away from Kel's Space and lookin' at yours! said...

Aaaargh! Just Aaaaargh!

Nancy said...

I was jealous of you for having a Mac, but now I'm not. I hope you get it working soon.

Olivia said...

Love your letter, Suzi. It should get someone's attention...I hope it does! Sending good energy your way, Olivia

Paulette Insall said...

Awww Suzi I'm so sorry to hear you're not getting treated right by Apple cust. service. :( We've always had great service with ours. Our first was a 20" iMac back in August and it had a color issue with the screen that, come to find out, was a glitch in that model and since we didn't order a custom one, they let us return it and get a new 24". Then the 24" went haywire and the cust. service rep was on the phone with my hubby for hours trying to figure out what was wrong. Finally he told us to take it the local apple store (which was thankfully only 10 minutes away) and they gave us a brand new one to take home with us after a few minutes of trying to figure out the problem. I hope your experience doesn't sour you on your new mac. Hopefully they'll be able to get you all fixed up and ready to get back to video goodness. :D

Oh and by the way, I sent you a couple of emails to your gmail from my .mac address and wasn't sure you got them. Sending much love and prayers your way hon!

Julie said...

I'm so sorry you're having all this trouble! It's unacceptable. If I were you, I know it's 40minutes away, but I would drive there and make them give me a whole new computer. And then I would open it in the store and make sure it worked perfectly. Make an appointment with the genius bar online so you don't have to wait.

I guarantee that once you get all this stuff straightened out, you will be in heaven.

Steve Jobs is probably a douche, but I stand by Apple products because they really are superior. Um... when they work.

I'd ichat with you, but I look a mess!

Laura said...

I would say...go back to the store and make them give you a completely new system. That is totally crap!!!! for that much money you should be able to power it up and it work like gold!!!

a simple offering said...

all those commercials had me thinking better of apple. hummm. sorry they were so unhelpfu.