Monday, October 08, 2007

Monday Art Love ^_^

Dear Fabulous Diving Journaling Goddess Ballerina Princesses, and fish boy - ( its not like boys are not allowed, its like Maya Angelou says to men when they ask her why her poems arent about men, "Honey," she says, "You gotta write your own poems." )

Journal Assignment 5
I don't know about you, but I need some art healing love.
What I would like you to do do from now until WEDNESDAY evening is this:
1)Right a letter to me and tell me who you are. Not just name and hair color but who you are when your make up comes off. All the things you DO, your talants, your smile, the body parts you love best. I want good things. This is not a letter of faults but I want to know why you are lovable YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY YOU ARE LOVABLE. Pretend I am blind and cannot see you for myself. and tell me things no one can see. Your hopes and dreams. and not lists of reasons why you cant do them. NOTHING NEGATIVE GOES INTO THIS LETTER.
2) Staple this letter, even if its long, into your journal somewhere. Doesnt matter where. This is especially good to build up pages that you may not love or seem sparse. Staple it though that it can be opened up and read easily so dont staple it closed.
Part Two of this assignment will come in a VIDEO on
Wednesday 8pm EST
wEdnesdAys will be the new video day because it makes my schedule easier and allows for exercises like this that come in two parts.
Materials for Wednesdays Class:
crayons


Phenomenal Woman

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's sizeBut when I start to tell them,They think I'm telling lies.I say,It's in the reach of my armsThe span of my hips,The stride of my step,The curl of my lips.I'm a womanPhenomenally.Phenomenal woman,That's me.I walk into a roomJust as cool as you please,And to a man,The fellows stand orFall down on their knees.Then they swarm around me,A hive of honey bees.I say,It's the fire in my eyes,And the flash of my teeth,The swing in my waist,And the joy in my feet.I'm a womanPhenomenally.Phenomenal woman,That's me.Men themselves have wonderedWhat they see in me.They try so muchBut they can't touchMy inner mystery.When I try to show themThey say they still can't see.I say,It's in the arch of my back,The sun of my smile,The ride of my breasts,The grace of my style.I'm a womanPhenomenally.Phenomenal woman,That's me.Now you understandJust why my head's not bowed.I don't shout or jump aboutOr have to talk real loud.When you see me passingIt ought to make you proud.I say,It's in the click of my heels,The bend of my hair,the palm of my hand,The need of my care,'Cause I'm a womanPhenomenally.Phenomenal woman,That's me. Maya Angelou

14 comments:

Esttibalys said...

are you going to read the letters? (I'm asking because i would like that :)

I have something to propose to you, is there an e-mail address...?

Beautiful lady, have a great day.

suzi blu said...

I want people to put the letters into their own journal but I am more than happy to read them if they want to send to me. Although Im not sure I will have time to read all letters...my videos are under 3 minutes...Let me know if you would like your letter to be read outloud so if I find one that will be beneficail for everyone I will read parts of it. Also...letters can be put up in the DISCUSSION AREA. I will put up a link for that on wednesday.

MY EMAIL IS: suziblu@gmail.com

kelly said...

SuziBlu I came across your vlog about a week ago and now I am totally addicted. You are an awesome artist and completely charming, I just love your videos. But the thing about you that I find so endearing is your honest. You are one of those precious few people that make others feel beautiful and creative and wanted in the world. Thank you from the bottom of my artist heart.

warmly,

Kelly from NC

kelly said...

SuziBlu I came across your vlog about a week ago and now I am totally addicted. You are an awesome artist and completely charming, I just love your videos. But the thing about you that I find so endearing is your honest. You are one of those precious few people that make other feel beautiful and creative and wanted in the world. Thank you from the bottom of my artist heart.

warmly,

Kelly from NC

mkiser said...

Yeah! Another note from Suzi! You do realize you now have a cult following?
Okay, will write a letter ... about my wonderful talents ... if I can think of any? :(, lol!
Thanks again!
Melanie

island_sunshyne said...

Looking forward to the new assignment! :D

DAWN said...

Ooo, I am excited. I can do this. Bonus: I have Crayons!!

heartzzablaze said...

Its very hard to be positive,,but i will try..love ur positive thoughts,,,

Donna said...

Looking forward to this assignment and the Part 2 on Wednesday! =)

Sue "Sioux" Seibert said...

Need to sit down and do my assignment. Thanks. You are bringing together a lot of us who need each other for support!

HopelessPoet said...

*smiles for miles* My response to the Divine Miss Maya Angelou would be....HoNey I DO! ;)

Red Sonja said...

Yay! new assignment...although I read through it at work I couldn't help but start so I grabbed and pen and paper and began writting. Some is on my blog but the rest I'll keep private and decorate in my art journal over the weekend!
Thank you, xxoo

Fledgling Poet said...

Suzi, this is a tough one...I tend to only concentrate on my faults. Typing that "out loud" makes me sad. But since I have discovered your blog, I am completely taken with your sweet spirit and maybe I can do this for you. I'll try! And I do have crayons...

the heartful blogger said...

I just wanted to say that not only have you inspired me to art journal, you've also unstuck me and inspired me to paint - something that I have been so STUCK with for months! How do you do it Miz Suze? Thank you.