Monday, September 24, 2007

Good Things To Come

My lovely goddess journalers that I adore,

So! next week I will have pages up on my site with WRITTEN instructions and links to materials, that kind of thing, because at the moment I know my videos aren't very long and I can put more information there. Videos cant be much longer than 5 minutes but even right now that is a dream because I go up to 100MB (the youtube limit) in 2 minutes. Its all an adventure in figuring it out and it might take a bit but I am a pretty determined girl.

So there will be pages to look at with each assignment and pages for me to put up STUDENT ART and give out gold stars to all my goddess who try! I also want to put up a page of buyers of my art with my paintings hanging in their living room. I think that would be a kewl thing to do.

Its great isn't it? The mixing of artists and strangers and collectors and getting everyone together to MAKE STUFF. Its beautiful beautiful. I cant wait to do more.

I will put more effort into the next video I promise. I didnt realize so many people would be into it. But now that they are Im getting more ideas! I think next week will be good. We are going to move on from basics into a real assignment. Now that we are all on the same page so to speak, and non journalers realize they can do this too...lets do STUFF!

I know your busy making your pockets but for next week all you will need is paint. whatever kind - doesnt matter. we are going to paint, my little neurotic goddesses, (if youre a guy its ok, be a guy, but realize you are among divine journalers here). Even if you have never painted before it doesnt matter. you will love it. you will paint with abandon. You will paint as if you are 5 years old and LOVE THE WORLD and trust the world and never could never imagine that anything that could come from you would be bad. not ever ever.

so yeah, Im excited.
hee!
Time for cereal and then bed.
My favorite cereal you ask?
VIVE, from Kashi.
Its got 12 grams of fiber!
a healthy colon is a happy colon. remember that.

much love and light,
Miss Blu

16 comments:

Malu said...

Suzieeee what you are doing is soo great! That idea that you have where you can put more info on making stuff and where to buy materials is awesome! It would really help us that live in other countries to purchase them on-line. Ill scan what I have done and send you some images! Thank you so so so so much! You are trully a goddess!

Brahdelt said...

Suzie, I love your art and your videos, they are so inspirational and give people strength and courage to start making art! *^v^* It's great you are going to write about the supplies because the ones that never went to any art school (= myself) often don't know what stuff to use and how to use it. Waiting for the next painting and videos! Joanna, a girl with a cat from Poland!

Beverly said...

This is just what I needed right now...I've got a journal, and tonight I'm going to get started. Thank you!!!
xx

Nina said...

Suzi - what is so incredibly kewl abt this is that you decided to go into a "giving" mode and look, look at what you are receiving!!!

I think the love being directed at you (include me in this) is even better for your colon than Kashi!!.

BTW, crayola also makes water soluble oil pastels and they're availabe at misterart.com. This is a discount site like dickblick.com. The crayolas are probably not as high quality as the Portfolios, but they are half the price:-)

Jacqui said...

thanks for you comments on my page and yep its a pain not being able to answer a specific comment. I have updated my profile so my email is now there but here it is if you still want to email. jjmb126@hotmail.com.

Keep up the amazing work. Just hope that my daughter's spirit isn't crushed by art school.

Cynthia said...

Suzi,

I love the videos but I think the adding to it will be wonderful. It is the combination of both that will set you apart ... as if you aren't already set apart.
I started in my art journal yesterday, hated what I did and blacked over that part with paint, then I got NeoArt crayons in the mail ... yummy! totally redeemed my art journal play yesterday.

I am one of those who didn't go to art school, never took an art class, I am having to learn everything now. My biggest frustration is I don't know the tools; I don't know how to choose good supplies and what to do with them. Even the NEOart crayons ... I will be learning as I go along ... through playing with them.

Your blog, your videos are so helpful to me. Looking forward to the new dimension.

Janet said...

I've just discovered your videos and now your blog and all I can say is THANK YOU!!! I have been struggling with trying my hand at an art journal and your videos got me going again. You are adorable, and so wonderful to do this.

Dawn said...

suzi blu

you rock! i am sending you big gobs of energy to do whatever it is you need to do today, easily & effortlessly! =) *PEACE*

iHanna said...

I just couldn't helt it, I started to paint TODAY! :-)

thank you, take care suz!

Ro Bruhn said...

Water soluble water colour crayons are also good. I use them a lot in my journals. You can use them wet or dry and they don't make the pages sticky. Caran d'Ache are the brand I use, but you may be able to buy other brands.
Look forward to the next video

lee said...

I love your art and your videos I have started and stopped many art journals. But started a brand new one because of the videos, joined up to live journal, following your videos and stuff. Keep up the great work.

violette said...

I love your tutorial videos Sue and even your cool philosophy combined with painting vids! Such an inspiration!

Love Violette

LINDSAY said...

Look what you've done! Bringing all these artists together. Your videos and ability to just put it all out there inspire me!

JOSÉE SAVARIA - Artiste en art visuel - Visual artist said...

Hi Suzi!
I am just a new girl to this new world!!!
Wow! I found you yesterday on the net...YOU MADE MY DAY! You are amazing! You gave me wings! I can fly!!! So inspiring by your work!THANKS!
Sorry my english is bad...I am usually speaking french! Originaly from Montréal..now leaving north of Toronto, Canada. I am getting better at writing but prefer to paint...no language barrier!
I can help you with FRENCH anytime if you need! LOL

Bonsoir, bonne nuit, à bientôt!
Talk to you soon!
Josée

JOSÉE SAVARIA - Artiste en art visuel - Visual artist said...

Hi Suzi!
I am just a new girl to this new world!!!
Wow! I found you yesterday on the net...YOU MADE MY DAY! You are amazing! You gave me wings! I can fly!!! So inspiring by your work!THANKS!
Sorry my english is bad...I am usually speaking french! Originaly from Montréal..now leaving north of Toronto, Canada. I am getting better at writing but prefer to paint...no language barrier!
I can help you with FRENCH anytime if you need! LOL

Bonsoir, bonne nuit, à bientôt!
Talk to you soon!
Josée

navylane said...

i've been meaning to come and give a big thank you for your videos. i'm not new to art journals, but they have inspired me nonetheless. and i was so happy to share your videos on inspire me thursday -- wow, you have inspired so many, the enthusiasm is infectious. keep 'em coming!